Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Terrible Two's.

My niece is two-and-a-half. After a whole lot of developmental therapy, she's finally caught up with her language skills. I was a bright and extremely articulate two-year-old, and it wasn't until now that I realized most kids that age are still sticking two or three words together and not having full-blown conversations. Also, they are largely unintelligible to people who don't talk to them every day.



























I've concluded that two-year-olds are pretty boring, and I'm dying for my niece to get to the stage where she starts asking 'why?' so I can explain the world to her. Watching a kid develop is pretty damned slow, it seems like her milestones just get further and further apart. I absolutely cannot wait until she turns into a real person, it feels like I've been waiting for eternity. Maybe she'll turn out to be really fun in another year or so. Right now she's just kind of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment