Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A tragic hair dye accident.

Tinydog is a 6lb chihuahua. I was planning on getting a girl Awesomedog when he showed up. Tinydog is cold in anything less than 90 degree weather, so he wears a lot of sweaters. Pink sweaters. Also pretty dresses. Tinydog does not mind wearing dresses, he likes being pretty.

Tinydog used to be tan colored, before the accident. It started when I spilled some pink hair dye on the floor...

Tinydog is pretty skinny and tends to turn his nose up at any kind of dog food and most people food. He will, however, eat art supplies. FYI, most hair dye is poisonous.

A brief internet search showed that Manic Panic dye is actually quite safe and is even used on poodles in those wacky grooming competitions. Everything you can use to get dye off a dog is full of bleach or ammonia and potentially harmful. Soap wasn't going to do the trick, so I asked the internet for advice.

It's a semi-permanent dye that washes out after a while, but Tinydog's pink remains because I underestimated the pathos of a wet chihuahua.

No comments:

Post a Comment